Hi future Fellow! As our new website is currently under construction, we are happy to share with you this temporary site. It has all of the important information you will need to Apply. You can also find us on
“There are experiences that are memorable, then there are experiences that change your life.” – Josh Hahn, 3rd Session
Israel Government Fellows (IGF) is a selective and prestigious Masa Israel program endorsed by the Office of the Prime Minister of Israel and The Menachem Begin Heritage Center. IGF offers outstanding and highly motivated young university graduates from around the world an experience at the heart of the Israeli government, combining internships in government ministries and related organizations with educational seminars, Hebrew language studies and trips around the country. It is the only existing program of its kind for non-Israelis to intern in the government and in policy related organizations. IGF Believes that a diverse group in terms of background and nationality, enables each Fellow to experience Israel to the fullest.
- Dates: September 2015- June 2016 (10 months)
- Location: Jerusalem & Tel Aviv
- Ages: 22-30
- Basic Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree + Fluent English + Some Work Experience
- Israel Related Requirements: Applicants must not have Israeli citizenship, or if they do -must have left Israel before the age of 14 and have lived outside of Israel for at least four consecutive years prior to applying to IGF
- Cost: The basic cost is $11,000 and $9,000 after a $2,000 guaranteed grant by The Begin Center. Additional grants available from Masa Israel
- Housing: The program doesn’t provide housing but assists participants in finding housing solutions
- More info: email@example.com
The heart of IGF is the internship experience in the Israeli government and in policy & diplomacy organizations. Fellows are placed in positions of genuine responsibility, working with senior figures in the Israeli government and various organizations. The placement process is based on Fellows’ skills and interests, as well as the needs of the Israeli government.
Fellows are guided through their internship, by their mentors at the office (senior officials), as well as from the program staff at the Begin Center. Both work closely with the Fellows to ensure a fulfilling and rewarding professional experience.
Our Fellows have interned in:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Environmental Protection
- Ministry of Public Security
- Government Press Office
- Ministry of Finance
- Israel Securities Authority (I.S.A)
- Ministry of Justice
- Israel Antitrust Authority
- Ministry of Economy
- Ministry of Social Affairs
- Ministry of Tourism
- Israeli Patent office
- Office of the Chief Scientist
- Ministry of Immigrant Absorption
- Shalom Hartman Institute
- Project TEN
- Reut Institute
- NGO Monitor
- JDC Institute for Leadership and Governance
Experience the Real Israel
IGF combines two complementary components: internship and education, both enabling Fellows an opportunity to truly understand and experience Israel’s complexities from different perspectives.
The Education component includes:
- Opening Seminar: The first Month of the program is an orientation month that includes intensive Hebrew studies (Ulpan), trips, lectures and group activities, introducing Israel to the Fellows.
- Ulpan-Intensive Hebrew Studies: During the program, Fellows receive intensive high level Hebrew classes, focusing on developing conversational skills.
- Weekly Seminar Days: The Fellows hear and meet leading public figures from different fields of interest, focusing on issues of Israeli political culture, global Jewish current affairs, Israeli society, economy and more.
- Trips Around Israel: Our Fellows don’t only hear about the complex issues, but get to see them first hand while traveling the country from north to south, exploring Israel’s people as well as it’s natural beauty.
If you have what it takes to be a Fellow- Apply now!
Feel free to contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +972-2-5652027 or 212-444-9680 (if calling from the US)
Photo courtesy of Jacob Ross, 7th session IGF Alumni : jacobrossphotography.weebly.com